I am not the only one that feels this way.
Let me splain.
Public Policy Polling, a nationally recognized polling firm, recently asked 830 Americans from around the country a "series of either/or questions about Congress vs some very unpleasant alternatives".
For example, when pitted against the Kardashians, Congress comes out ahead. Our elected representatives, and I use the term "representatives" very loosely here, also edged out:
- North Korea
- Fidel Castro
- Lindsay Lohan
- The ebola virus
- Communism (although it's difficult to distinguish the current bunch in Washington, DC from your garden variety Commie; see numbers 1 & 2)
- Meth labs
The list above is the good news in this story.
The Bad News
Wanna hear some of the nasty shit that, according to this poll, Americans have a better opinion of when compared to your US Gubmint?
- Genghis Khan - At least he fought wars to win. Right, Mr. Preznit?
- Fwance - Proving we have become a nation of pussies....thanks Obama voters!
- Donald Trump - Can he fire 535 people all at once?
- Traffic jams - Nothing says I hate Congress more than sniffing automobile emissions on a sweltering summer day in Houston.
- Nickelback (the rock band) - So what? Like Congress, this band is long on BS, short on substance.
- Root canals - If only Novocaine could dull the pain of the House & Senate.
- Colonoscopies - at least you expect to take it up the ass with a colonoscopy.
- Cockroaches - Like the cucarachas in DC, they scatter when you turn on the light and they are impervious to insecticides.
What a country!
God help us all.