Have you ever come across twins or triplets so identical you wonder how anyone can tell them apart?
One time many years ago I was at a Dairy Queen in Tyler, Texas having a cheeseburger when a nice family came in. First in was a little boy, followed by Mom. Dad was holding the restaurant door open for the rest of the group. In walks a little girl closely tailgated by another little girl who looked exactly like the first girl. I thought, "That's cool. Twins!"
I was wrong.
A few nano seconds after that another little girl came through the door. She looked exactly like the two other girls who came in before her. I remember thinking, "Wow! That's something you don't see every day! Triplets!"
I was wrong.
Dad is still holding the door open when...you guessed it...yet another little girl walked in.
I'm telling you that it was damn near impossible to tell which girl was which. It was like the same little girl had walked into the Dairy Queen and somehow sneaked back outside and re-entered the place three more times!
I have never before that moment nor since seen anything quite like that.
Which brings us back to our opening question. How the hell does anybody, besides Mom and Dad, tell kids like this one from the other? If they were a precocious quartet, I bet they could pull some bodacious swaparoony tricks on some folks.
But what if the kid was a singleton? Easy to I.D., right?
From The Poughkeepsie Journal via reagancoalition.com: SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- The mother
Spartanburg County sheriff's deputies say 36-year-old Tyshekka Collier went to Fairforest Middle School Wednesday morning to pick up her son. Principal Ty Dawkins called authorities after Collier walked into the office, mistook a boy for her son and slapped him in the face.
Dawkins said that boy was sick and had been waiting to be picked up.
Dawkins says once Collier realized her mistake, she apologized, then walked over to her son and knocked him to the ground.
Collier was charged with disturbing school and assault and battery. It wasn't known if she had a lawyer.
Her three children are in protective custody.
Inquiring Minds Wanna Know
- Obligatory: How in God's name could a Mother not differentiate her kid from a strange kid?
- Even if the stoopid bitch could tell her kid from another, why the hell would she go into a school and start slapping the snot out of him?
- Common Knot-Slappin' Etiquette dictates that slappin' a knot so big he's gotta tiptoe to scratch it on a boy's skull should be done in the privacy of one's home.
- Never in public.
- At least if there are witnesses.
- Apologizing after physically attacking another human bean does not take away the fact that one has committed assault and battery.
- Just ask Tyshekka.
- The Mother of the Year Award is probably out of the question now.
- Dumbass of the Year is not.
- Who the hell names their kid "Tyshekka"?